Complaint Review: Innovative Merchant Solutions

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2007

• Reported By:simi valley California
Innovative Merchant Solutions
26541 Agoura Rd Calabasas, California U.S.A.

Innovative Merchant Solutions They commit extortion with their cancellation fees. Calabasas California

*UPDATE Employee: Answer to Your Question....

Unlike the other compnaies that had salesmen come in and convince them to sign up with them, we actually called around to them because they were local to us. We never saw a salesman, and we discussed terms. Soon after, I was faxed a sign up sheet that made absolutely no mention of a $295 "normal" cancellation fee. Only a cancellation fee of $395 if we did so in 6 months. I signed the fax and sent it back, expecting a welcome package. It never came, but we thought we knew all the terms, so we were fine with that.

Our business continued on for another 27 months, before closing in November of 2006. In December, I contact Innovative to notify them that we had closed, and to please cancel my account. I was told to fax in our cancellation, which I promptly did. I figured things were done at that time. Much to my amazement, as I was auditing our bank statements, I noticed they continued to bill us through February of 2007, but the account had very little money in it since the business closed. As such, they continued to debit a nearly empty bank account every couple of days, costing us over $200 in NSF fees. When I called again to see what was going on, they had no record of my cancellation, and unless I could produce a confirmation sheet that was a few months old, with their fax number clearly at the top, no refunds or credits would be made. I couldn't find it, and so I cancelled again, confirmed on March 1. And yet, I was charged AGAIN, now with a mystery $295 charge that I later discovered was my cancellation fee.

This soon went to their collection department, and I asked them to send me something I had signed stating I knew there was a $295 cancellation fee. They sent over, as they seem to have done with may of the other people complaining on this site, my sign up sheet, showing the $395 fee for a pre 6 month cancellation, other wise it was the "normal" amount.

I advised this was not good enough and to show me something I signed showing $295. I got no response. This has since gone to collection through a separate agency. I called them to explain the situation, and the woman I spoke with was talking to me as if she knew what I was going to say before I said it. After coming the the Ripoff Report, I now know why. I advised I'd like to see something I signed outlining the fee. What was sent was a screen shot of their billing system, a barely legible copy of my faxed application, and a copy of a page from some manual. A manual that no one in my company ever saw.

While I can never prove that i did not get the document that was sent to me, I now know, by reading the complaints on this site that this is not an isolated incident, and as such, I will not be paying the cancellation fee, and I will be sending a copy of this report in their payment envelope. They can send a bad report to the credit agencies. Big deal. The failure of my business did plenty to ruin it all by itself.

Valley sports arena
simi valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2007 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions/Calabasas-California-91302/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions-They-commit-extortion-with-their-cancellation-fees-Calabasa-276369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Innovative Merchant Solutions

Answer to Your Question....

AUTHOR: Leanne - (U.S.A.)

On the Merchant Agreement, in the section where you signed, the following is written: "By signing this Merchant Application either physically or electronically, I acknowledge that I have also received the Merchant Agreement either by receiving a physical copy or by viewing the Merchant Agreement at www.innovativeagreement.com or otherwise viewing an electronic copy."

In the instance of your Merchant Application, completed via facsimile, this information is particularly important because you do not see the representative face to face and must view the contract online. Facsimile applications have become a convenience to the customers and offer you additional time to review to documents and obligations at your own pace before committing to anything.

We are sorry to learn that your company has gone out of business. This is never a good thing. As a courtesy to you this fee will be waived if you can fax over documentation showing that your company has gone out of business to 818-936-0354.