occasions

• Submitted: Fri, June 27, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:hometown South Carolina
Innovative Merchant Solutions
26541 Agoura Rd Calabasas, California U.S.A.

Innovative Merchant Solutions Went out of business, but IMS says I still have to pay the monthly fees for another year then I can cancel without penalty Calabasas California

*UPDATE Employee: No 2 year contracts

When I signed up for the service, the salesperson told me I would only need a monthly volumn of $25.00 to waive the monthly fees. I had just started this business and told her I did not have my clientel built up and she stated (quote) that "some people swiped their own credit card to keep from being billed the $25.00 monthly fee."
When I finally started making money and using their services they still kept charging this monthly fee to my bank account, I called IMS they informed me I need a $2000.00 monthly volumn, When I explained what the rep had told me and told them I felt misled they were very rude.
Well I am no longer with this business and will no longer be using IMS, but was informed by IMS I am on a 2 year contract, so I will still be billed each month. I feel when you are no longer in business and can prove it, they should waive the termination fee. If anyone has any idea of what I can do please let me know,

another victim
hometown, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2008 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions/Calabasas-California-91302/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions-Went-out-of-business-but-IMS-says-I-still-have-to-pay-the-m-344874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Innovative Merchant Solutions

No 2 year contracts

AUTHOR: Leanne - (U.S.A.)

IMS does not have a 2 year contract. The customer must have misunderstood. And the $25 is a MONTHLY MINIMUM meaning that is the minimum fee you will be charged for that month and it reduces as you process sales. Once you process more than $25 in fees (the $2000 mentioned in this case), the fee will not be charged and the merchant will only be charged the actual fees. This is an industry standard fee. If the customer can show she went out of business by showing a final utility bill or something of that nature, the Termination Fee would be waived.