Complaint Review: Innovative Merchant Solutions

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Innovative Merchant Solutions
20969 Ventura Blvd Suite 221 Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

Innovative Merchant Solutions, Merchant Made Easy Illegal Practices and Sneaky Attempts to Get Money Woodland Hills California

I responded to a postal mailing from Merchant Made Easy advertising merchant account services through Innovative Merchant Solutions. The sales rep told me that they would waive the account termination fee, which I got from him in writing. Innovative Merchant Solutions, however, was extremely vague in their email to confirm waiver of the fee.

Before I even activated the account, I discovered numerous complaints against IMS, so I immediately cancelled the account. I even received confirmation from Merchant Made Easy on June 24 that the account would be cancelled within 24-48 hours. I then notified my bank to stop any attempts by IMS, Innovative Gateway Solutions, and any other affiliated business names from drawing money from my account.

Now, on July 3, I see another attempt by IMS to collect another monthly fee from my checking account. Having the great bank I do, they have stopped both attempts to draw the money from my account. The interesting point is that today's attempt to withdraw money was done with a back-door hacker attempt to mask the trace by making it look like the "automatic withdrawal" was going to my own company.

Another point to be aware of is IMS' own illegal clause in their application that states, "This guarantee will not be discharged or affected by my death, will bind all my heirs, administrators, representatives and assigns and may be enforced by or for the benefit of any successor of Innovative Merchant Solutions and/or its Bank." Since I cannot legally bind anyone else to an agreement with my own signature, this clause is not only unenforceable, it is completely illegal.

There are several companies fronting sales for IMS, so beware of ANY solicitations for merchant account services. They are likely selling for IMS. Be safe, stick to your own bank when it comes to opening merchant account services.

Lori
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions/Woodland-Hills-California-91364/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions-Merchant-Made-Easy-Illegal-Practices-and-Sneaky-Attempts-to-347196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Innovative Merchant Solutions