Complaint Review: Innovative Merchant Solutions

• Submitted: Thu, March 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 12, 2009

• Reported By:Watkinsville Georgia
Innovative Merchant Solutions
21215 Burbank Blvd., Suite 100 Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

Innovative Merchant Solutions Sales solicitation fraud Woodland Hills California

I am the president of a small business. I was contacted by Innovative Merchant solutions an Intuit Company. I do not remember if the initial contact was by phone or mail. However, it quickly became a phone discussion. Anyway, their salesperson promised to update my Quick Books software (with the 2008 version) and provide me with the ability to take credit cards for $9.00 per month plus a small percentage of the credit card amount. I was also told that I was only committing for four months and after that I could cancel at no cost if I was dissatisfied.

The updated Intuit software was provided as agreed. However, nothing was mentioned about a minimum monthly charge (My total monthly charge with no credit card activity was actually $32.95) . I waited the appropriate time to cancel without charge, but true to form, they mislead me about that too. I was charged a $99.00 cancellation fee.

I trusted these folks and allowed them to draft my business bank account for the charges because I thought that Intuit was a reputable company. However, I was mislead about the cost. Whether these additional charges were disclosed somewhere in the small print of some contract, makes no difference. The fact is, their sales person verbally mislead me about the cost.

Jerry
Watkinsville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions-Sales-solicitation-fraud-Woodland-Hills-California-433358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Innovative Merchant Solutions