Complaint Review: Innovative Merchant Solutions

• Submitted: Sun, January 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 04, 2009

• Reported By:Glen Echo Maryland
Innovative Merchant Solutions
http://www.innovativemerchant.com/ Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

Innovative Merchant Solutions Charged me for 9 months after I stoped using them and ended account. Woodland Hills California

*UPDATE Employee: Closure Procedures

I used this company to process Credit cards for my retail business and then I decided to stop using them. I called into terminate my account but apparently this is not enough. They ask you to fax in a letter to terminate services which is very inconvenient and a tactic in my opinion to make it very hard to end your account... So they made me write a letter with a reason as to shy i wanted to terminate, enter my account number, etc and then sign it and fax it to them. So I did this and thought it was done. Then 2 months later i see they are still charging my account nearly $40 a month. I call in to complain and get a refund and they say they never got fax! Then i resend it that week (3 times!) and the same thing happend...a few months later i se ethey have been charging me monthly! I try to call in to confirm and they give me the run around and tell me to call later to a different office when it opens etc... I called them like 10 times furious the last time and they still can not verify my account is closed over the phone or close it under the circumstances...so far they have STOLEN nearly $350 from me and this company is a complete FRAUd and does deceptive trade practices to steal people's money and make it nearly impossible to end your account. Not only that but I am just finding out by reading other posts on this company that there is a $295 termination fee no longer how long you have been a customer! I reported them to my bank and i will close my bank account before they get another red cent!

Frankthetank
Glen Echo, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2009 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions/Woodland-Hills-California/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions-Charged-me-for-9-months-after-I-stoped-using-them-and-ended-407812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Innovative Merchant Solutions

Closure Procedures

AUTHOR: Leanne - (U.S.A.)

IMS does in fact request for signed letters of closure with 30 days notice. This is a part of the Merchant Agreement that every merchant accepts when applying for credit card processing services. We received a closure request on this account on August 20, 2008. Unfortunately the first letter that we received was not signed by the requestor so a telephone message was left for the customer on that day requesting that a signed letter be sent. On December 23, 2008 the merchant called again asking if his letter had been received. We asked that to give one day for the fax to be retrieved and noted in the system to confirm. He called the next day and was advised that the letter had been received. The account was then closed on January 15, 2009 as all requests for closure are with 30 day notice. The system shows that the fees for the month of October 2008 were waived for some reason, meaning that from the date of the first letter in August 2008 the account has been charged only 4 months of fees for a total of $151.80. However we did notify the merchant in August 2008 that we required a signed letter of closure and that was not received until the end of December.