Complaint Review: InoVision - MedClr-Portfolio Group - AssetCare

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2009

• Reported By:Mill Valley California
InoVision - MedClr-Portfolio Group - AssetCare
5100 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

InoVision - MedClr-Portfolio Group - AssetCare Attempt to collect a bogus debt Norcross Georgia

I recently received a letter from AssetCare, Inc. in an attempt to collect a $25 debt that I apprently owed to InoVision. The letter states that another company (Dennis Chase) had already tried to collect this debt unsuccessfully. First of all I have never even heard of InoVision. Second, I have never received a letter from Dennis Chase. The letter from AssetCare, Inc. also states that they are open from 8AM to 9PM. I live on the West Coast so I tried calling at 4:30 PM when I first received the letter. I got a message stating that the office was closed. Then I called back the next morning, first at 6:30 AM and then again at 10:00 AM, again I got the same message. What business is closed during "normal" business hours? I then went to their website and was asked to enter a registration code, then I was sent to another page that asked for my social security number and my phone number. I find this rather odd since as the collection agency they should already have this information. This so called debt is not on my credit report and I just find this whole thing rather suspect.

Althea
Mill Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InoVision-MedClr-Portfolio-Group-AssetCare/Norcross-Georgia-30071/InoVision-MedClr-Portfolio-Group-AssetCare-Attempt-to-collect-a-bogus-debt-Norcross-Ge-427926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InoVision - MedClr-Portfolio Group - AssetCare