Complaint Review: Inphonic Inc AKA Nextel Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, September 02, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, September 02, 2004

• Reported By:Radcliff Kentucky
Inphonic Inc AKA Nextel Wireless
P. O. Box 172465 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Inphonic Inc AKAs Nextel Wireless ripoff or double jeperady Denver Colorado

To make a long story short, I checked online for a cell phone at Nextel.com did not want to make purchase online so called Nextel or so I thought. I made an order over phone. Two weeks later received both phones that I had ordered. Wrong phone number was sent(long distant for me) and one of the phones that I had ordered was not correct. Decided to keep wrong phone but called to have number changed because was a long distance # for me.

Five months later called Nextel to cancel one phone service and was told would be $200.00 early termination fee. OK I agreed and paid the $200.00 on next bill.

After paying cancellation fee 6 months later received letter from collection agency that I owed $150.00 fee for early termination equipment fee from Inphonic Inc. To my knowledge I had never delt with Inphonic. After calling collection agency was told that was my debt and yes I would have to pay that charge also.

I guess in closing I would like to say that its a horrible day when a company does not have enough credit worthiness to sell a product and use their own name to do it, and NEXTEL our so called proud sponcers of Nascar racing must not have enough dignity to stand behind their name and product or they would not be letting this happen to their customers.

Carol
Radcliff, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2004 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic-Inc-AKA-Nextel-Wireless/Denver-Colorado-80217-2465/Inphonic-Inc-AKAs-Nextel-Wireless-ripoff-or-double-jeperady-Denver-Colorado-106647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic Inc AKA Nextel Wireless