suite

• Submitted: Thu, December 19, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, December 19, 2002

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Inphonic, Inc
9301 Peppercorn Place Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Inphonic ripoff money from your bank account without authorization consumer fraud Largo Maryland

After deciding to respond to an e-mail for service from T-moble, I provided Inphonic with all my information, including Visa card number.

I authorized my card to be charged $12.99 for shipping of my new Motorola C332 voice activated phone, and activating service at $39.99 per month for 600 anytime minutes.

T-mobile rejected me because of credit history. I received an e-mail from Inphonic stating my credit card would not be billed.

I week later I received an email from inphonic stating that my new phone had been shipped! I contacted them and found that they had used the information I had provided to enroll me with Liberty Wireless.

Liberty Wireless turns out to be a pre-paid service. I was sent a different phone, and my card was charged $111.00, and informed I was obligated to a 1 year contract!!!

The resulting frustration I have endured makes Inphonic one of the biggest RIP-OFF companies I have ever dealt with! I have had no response, except for form letters, and have not gotten my money back!!!

This is the first time I have seen such blatant abuse on the internet. They are getting away with deceitful practices, and I would love to see them shut down!

Dave
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2002 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic-Inc/Largo-Maryland-20774/Inphonic-ripoff-money-from-your-bank-account-without-authorization-consumer-fraud-Largo-Ma-38761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic, Inc