Complaint Review: Inphonic Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 10, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, February 10, 2003

• Reported By:Homewood Illinois
Inphonic Inc.
www.inphonic.com Internet U.S.A.

Inphonic Inc com Ripoff refusal to send return label failure to explain consequences Washington D.C. Internet

I am writing about Inphonic and the abuse that I have had to endure from them.

I recently got some spam advertising that I could get 2 phones for free (after rebate, etc.) if I ordered through Inphonic. The timing was good since I needed a new phone for my wife and I. I went ahead and ordered and they sent me the wrong phones.

After many attempts and many hours, I finally got through to them to request the correct phones and a return label for the incorrect ones. 3 weeks later I only get one "correct" phone and a huge bill of $340!

When I called to have them explain the charges, they had much difficulty and it was clear that they were making stuff up. Sensing this (and also being very frusterated) I decided to cancel my order all together and get my money back. It has been 2 months and I still have yet to see any of the return labels...all along of which they still are enjoying my money that they took from me. They also claim that they only have one person that works on the return labels and that she is really busy right now. Ugh!

In any case, please use caution when dealing with this reseller/distributor of cell phones. Also, wish me luck on getting my money back!

Michael
Homewood, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2003 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic-Inc/internet/Inphonic-Inc-com-Ripoff-refusal-to-send-return-label-failure-to-explain-consequences-Wash-44837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic Inc.

readily