• Report: #195581

• Submitted: Fri, June 09, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 04, 2007

• Reported By:San Francisco California
Inphonic, Rebatestatus.com, Cellphonerebates.com
inphonic.rebatestatus.com Phoenix (mailing), Arizona U.S.A.

Inphonic, Rebatestatus.com, Cellphonerebates.com rebate ripoff, Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Partial Payment Received

*Author of original report: More Shady Business Ripoffs from InPhonic.

I also have been victimized by inphonic. I bought a razr from buy.com with two $125 rebates that had to be submitted after having service for several months. Upon completing that term, I submitted all necessary paperwork to inphonic. Both submissions contained the SAME copies of the necessary paperwork (different rebate forms,however), and were mailed on the SAME day, together, at the same mailbox.

They sent me emails, saying they received it, but one didnt have a UPC! The other appeared ok. After an email inquiry, they said that one was missing the UPC, and they OTHER was missing a paid in full bill! Keep in mind, both submissions contained MATCHING documents.

I replied via email explaining that the documentation showed a paid in full bill, and also replied to their postcard with ANOTHER copy of the UPC. For the record, the UPC was copied on the SAME page as the billing.

Assuming this rectified the problem, I have been awaiting my rebate checks. Today, when I checked on the status, their NEW complaint is that their is a postmark error AND that the bill needs to show a Zero PREVIOUS month balance (what?) At this point I replied that the submission was ALL correct from the start, and they are just ripping me off. They can rectify it on their own or I will just file complaints with the FTC, the BBB, Buy.com (they have an earful coming from me for using this horrible service), and finally my carrier for allowing even the remote association with such shady practices.

And trust me Inphonic, if I could find the time for this I can find the time to do all of the above and more. I found this site just by googling "rebatestatus.com" and "ripoffs". How appropriate.

AJ
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2006 01:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic-Rebatestatuscom-Cellphonerebatescom/Phoenix-mailing-Arizona-85072/Inphonic-Rebatestatuscom-Cellphonerebatescom-rebate-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-195581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic, Rebatestatus.com, Cellphonerebates.com

Partial Payment Received

Out of the blue I received a check for $100.00 dated
10/17/2006, payed to me as an outstanding invoice. I made a copy and immediately cashed it. Now if I could only get the other $150 I was promised, a year and a half ago. Guess something is better than nothing but this also shows you how messed up Inphonic is. They sent the check with no explanation, just a check.

White Bear Lake, MN 55110-0517

Saying that my claim was invalid because my rebate was postmarked later than 210 days, and dates on my wireless bills submitted do not fall within the date range specified on the rebate form.

These are BOTH lies. I have all the original documents submitted, It seem that InPhonic is trying to change things AGAIN to hide their unfair practices by using a different address in a different state.