Complaint Review: Inphonic - Wirefly - MyRatePlan.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 27, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 09, 2007

• Reported By:Mission Hills Kansas
Inphonic - Wirefly - MyRatePlan.com
1010 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Inphonic - Wirefly - MyRatePlan.com ripoff! won't pay rebates as promised Washington DC

*Author of original report: Lawsuit settled against Inphonic - see details below!

*Author of original report: I got my two $50 rebates!!!

Inphonic will not pay rebates of $100 for phones purchased in November 2004. I filled out the paperwork correctly and submitted my rebates on time, but they declined them by claiming I'd cancelled my Cingular accounts. I had not. I am also owed 2 $100 rebates which I just sent to them but I have zero expectation of getting that money after reading the numerous complaints against them.

If you have also been ripped off by Inphonic, I urge you to contact your carrier. Inphonic is only able to continue this mischief because they are "authorized dealers" for all of these cellular carriers. If Cingular or T-Mobile or Nextel will cut them off, they'll be unable to take advantage of us anymore. Please, contact your carriers!!!

Anita
Mission Hills, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2005 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic-Wirefly-MyRatePlancom/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/Inphonic-Wirefly-MyRatePlancom-ripoff-wont-pay-rebates-as-promised-Washington-DC-144236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic - Wirefly - MyRatePlan.com

Lawsuit settled against Inphonic - see details below!

AUTHOR: Anita - (U.S.A.)

I received the following email today. Keep reporting these guys -- it works!!!

The Internet Crime Complaint (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National White Collar Crime Center. The IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive complaints and alert authorities of suspected criminal and civil violations.

Previously, you filed a complaint at our website, www.ic3.gov, regarding a company advertising promotions that offered cell phones and/or service plans with rebates sufficient to eliminate the cost of the phones. You either alerted the IC3 of the suspicious activity or the product/service you paid for was not delivered as promised.

A lawsuit against InPhonic Corporation by the District of Columbia Attorney General's Office was settled on February 25, 2007, and your contact information has been provided to Rust Consulting, the agency processing the claims on behalf of InPhonic. The claims administrator of Rust Consulting, Jackie Johnson, telephone number (507) 333-4572, will be contacting you in the near future regarding the necessary documentation required to receive reimbursement for your loss. You do not need to contact anyone-you will be contacted based on the complaint that you filed with the IC3.

Ifcc22
Internet Crime Complaint Center

I got my two $50 rebates!!!

AUTHOR: Anita - (U.S.A.)

My advice is to complain to your carrier! I got results by contacting the person at Sprint who is in charge of designating Inphonic as an "authorized dealer". He called a Vice President and I got my money.

FYI, also try to contact
Jaemellah Kemp
Office of the President
301.883.0040 ext 323

She contacted me shortly after the Spring gentleman called the VP and assured me that I would get my money...and I did!