• Report: #219385

• Submitted: Mon, November 06, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 06, 2006

• Reported By:Simpsonville South Carolina
Inphonic wirefly
www.wirefly.com White Bear Lake, Minnesota U.S.A.

Inphonic Wirefly Customer Loyalty Rebate Scam ripoff White Bear Lake Minnesota

In January 2006 I agreed to buy two phones and start a new line of Cingular service through the internet company Wirefly. In return I would recieve $70 via rebate after keeping my service for at least 6 months. I should have known better when I read the conditions on the rebate form, but I went ahead and proceeded with the purchase.

I marked my calendar for the day that I would be able to mail in my rebate so that I would not forget. I completed all forms and included all items required and I mailed in my rebate the first week of August, 2006. I finally called the number on the form on November 6, 2006 and was told (after being on hold for 15 minutes) that I did not properly complete all required documentation. The representative said I was mailed a letter on Oct. 5, 2006 and I only had 30 days to reply, but since it has been 31 days, that I am out of luck. The only problem is that I have never recieved a letter. I can GUARANTEE that I would have noticed one since I had been waiting on my rebate check for over 3 months!

This is clearly a scam designed to get people to start service agreements through Wirefly and or Inphonic. The requirements are nearly impossible to meet and the time frames given are not realistic. You must mail in your claim between 180 and 210 days from the start of service, but it may take 10 to 12 WEEKS to recieve your check.

By the time you realize you won't be getting your rebate it's too late because the time frame has expired. Even when everything has been done correctly, as in my case, they will just come up with an excuse to deny your rebate. I hope a class action suit will be started because there will undoubtedly be lots of other people willing to participate.

Simpsonville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2006 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic-wirefly/White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota/Inphonic-Wirefly-Customer-Loyalty-Rebate-Scam-ripoff-White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-219385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic wirefly