• Report: #195646

• Updated: Fri, June 09, 2006

• Reported By:Royal Palm Beach Florida
Inphonic, wirefly.com
inphonic.com Internet U.S.A.

Inphonic, wirefly.com rebate ripoff $600 will not respond to my complaint Internet

I bought 2 Motorola phones from www.wirefly.com in April of 2006. I paid $600 for them, but supposedly I would get that back in rebates.

The rebate process is rediculous! First I had to wait 180 days to submit the forms, I also had to include my wireless bill (catch this) dated more tham 180 days, but no more than 210 days from my contract date. WTH??

There was NO indication of this complicated process during the purchasing phase. I did not know all this until after I received my phones. I folloed the insane instructions to a "T", but the still refused to pay them stating that my submission was postmarked past the deadline.

This is BOGUS! The "decline" letters came to me by mail just last week. That is 13 months after I purchased the phones!!! 7 full months after submitting my rebate forms.

This past Sunday (6/4/06) I sent an email to a half dozen people at Inphonics (including the CEO), and copied the email to the FTC. I told them I expected a resolution by today (6/9). It's 2:15pm and so far - nothing.

I also wonder about www.rebatestatus.com They are located in Stottsdale Arizona, but I would be very interested to know if they are owned by the same people as Inphonic. I havn't been able to find this info yet.

Also, being that they used the USPS to deliver my bogus decline, I believe that qualifies as mail fraud as well.

These people have GOT to go down. This is crazy.

I am ready and willing to pursue this company as far as the law will allow.

Angel
Royal Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2006 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic-wireflycom/internet/Inphonic-wireflycom-rebate-ripoff-600-will-not-respond-to-my-complaint-Internet-195646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic, wirefly.com