desperate

• Submitted: Tue, August 01, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 01, 2006

• Reported By:Fayetteville North Carolina
Inphonic
7217 Holmfield Rd Fayetteville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Inphonic Thanks to Rip-off Report I got my refund! thank you Rip-off Report! purchased my cell phone in Wirefly.com Fayetteville North Carolina

Hi,

I purchased my cell phone in Wirefly.com website June 1st week of 2005 and enrolled with T-Mobile one year service. They advertised in the website with big letters that the phone is free and you will receive a free portable coby DVD player.

I was really excited and bought the phone from them. When I went through the rebates it is mentioned that I cannot submit rebates unless I have 6 months T-mobile service. So I submitted my two $125 rebates after 6 months i.e December 2005 and waited for 10 weeks and followed with them to find about the status. So they told me that it will take another two weeks to complete the process and mailed to you. When I checked the status of the rebates in their website after two weeks it clearly mentioned that mailed the checks. I excited and waited for a month but I never received.

After a month of waiting I called them again and mentioned that still I haven't received. Then they sent me an email after one week and we will cancel the old checks and process again but it will take another 10 weeks to process.. After 8 weeks of wait and I tried to contact them.. there is no reply.. When I checked the status of my rebates in the website.. It is rejected and we mailed the reason of rejection, But I never received any postal mail from them so far. I sent so many emails to them but no reply from now on.

Luckily I sent an email to the editor of the ripoff report with all my struggles and problems I am facing with In phonic rebates and with in 5 hours I got a call from Inphonic and they mailed the two $125 checks with out asking anything. I really owe a lot to Ripoffreport and thanks a lot for the timely help. I struggled for almost 7 months for the rebates and no use but Ripoff report helped me in 7 hours

Shruthi
Fayetteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2006 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic/Fayetteville-North-Carolina-28306/Inphonic-Thanks-to-Rip-off-Report-I-got-my-refund-thank-you-Rip-off-Report-purchased-my-204088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic