Complaint Review: Inphonic

• Submitted: Sat, November 05, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, November 05, 2005

• Reported By:Menlo Park California
Inphonic
9301 Peppercorn Pl., Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Inphonic - Lowermybills.com - Whereismyorder.com, Cellphonerebates.com rebate ripoff dishonest rebate processing, no rebates Largo Maryland

Inphonic is a sophisticated fraudulent company that promises great rebate offers for wireless plans for several cell phone companies.

This company has been trying to change names at a very rapid pace. The company tries to use multiply web addresses to hide its identity, the web addresses are:

whereismyorder.com
cellphonerebates.com
lowermybills.com

I performed whois lookups on those addresses:
whereismyorder.com: registered to inphonic
cellphonerebates.com: registered to inphonic
lowermybills.com: is not registered to inphonic, but uses their service to fullfill their cellphone orders.

When I placed my order, I had no idea it was inphonic. I thought it was a company called, "lowermybills.com", they contracted with inphonic to supply me with cellphones.

I took up their offer for 2 free sprint phones. I received the phones, but I was instructed to wait 180 days, and no later than 210 days to send in sales receipt, wireless order, UPC code, and rebate form.

I read online that they did not honor rebates, so I took PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence that I put everything in the envelope correctly. I had 2 rebates, totalling $100. I mailed the rebates after 180 days, and before the 210 day over-due deadline.

I mailed the rebate form 3 weeks ago. I just received mail from the rebate processing center that I did not provide a copy of the UPC code. I DID, I have proof that I did. This company is fraudulently rejecting rebate codes.

Peter
Menlo Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2005 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic/Largo-Maryland-20774/Inphonic-Lowermybillscom-Whereismyordercom-Cellphonerebatescom-rebate-ripoff-disho-163492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic