• Report: #200571

• Submitted: Tue, July 11, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 10, 2006

• Reported By:White Lake Michigan
Inphonic
9301 Peppercorn Place Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Inphonic Wirefly 1 yr later no rebates yet, delay delay - check in mail story, no $$ ripoff Largo Maryland

*Author of original report: I finally got the check!

I bought 2 razor phones from wirefly in the summer of 2005, read rebate forms closely followed them to a T, made copies, waited 180 days, sent everything asked for via certified mail, sent both separately even as requested (following directions) waited for months for them to show in system, finally showed after sending many emails saying ok it has been months now you got my letters on this date (feb 10th 2006 via certified mail).

Got replies saying we are SO sorry, very delayed, working hard to get eveyrone into system, please allow us more time to process your claims.

Finally showed as approved in early May 2006 (2 rebates $170 EACH) both approved and checks to be mailed soon, status showed checks mailed May 25th 2006 and said wait 30 days for arrivla.

Waited another month actually more like 40 days - still no checks wrote back again said no checks arrived yet.

Got reply checks that were supposedly sent are now VOID and new "check" would be issued (didnt say check"S") remember I had TWO rebates of $170 each. Their email did say they cancelled my 2 other checkS but didnt say they issued 2 new ones, their reply was "a new "check" was issued" please wait 10-12 ADDITIONAL weeks for processing!

That part ticked me off even more since it has been over a year now, altho I doubt they sent the first 2 checks, now I wonder if the redo they said they were doing is even for BOTH or just one check? I emailed asking that questions June 29th, as of today July 12th still no reply if they mailed one or two replacements.

ALSO at the very bottom of the email about the we are sending replacement check it said please allow 10-12 additional WEEKS for processing.

Ok this is just NUTS another 10-12 weeks to cut a new (hopefully 2 in one combined check (or 2 new checks I HOPE) they haven't answered on that part - I even emailed asking ok did you redo BOTH or just one or combine into one or what? It has been almost 2 weeks later via email with no reply on that question.

I am tired of this over a year easily over a dozen emails, 2 phone calls BOTH on hold over hr and gave up, I just want my 2 $170 rebates from these people.

As I search the net I see many claims denied and such, mine were both very well documented and were after a long wait approved and status showed checks mailed out even, so I thought ok I was in the clear, yet those 2 checks mysteriously never arrived even now 45 days later, and if they DO arrive apparently they are now VOID and I am supposed to wait 10-12 more weeks for 2 MORE checks to supposedly be mailed, i smell a scam for sure here.

Never believe the check is in the mail I guess.

William
White Lake, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2006 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic/Largo-Maryland-20774/Inphonic-Wirefly-1-yr-later-no-rebates-yet-delay-delay-check-in-mail-story-no-ripof-200571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

I made sure to give these a good 2 weeks before coming back for a final reply but the check did clear and both rebates are now finally paid in full back to me.

It sure was a big pain to deal with this company, I honestly think if I had not made the claim with the Michigan State's Attorney office I would still be waiting for checks that would probably never come.

The reason I state this is after many emails and attempted phone calls (good luck talking to someone), I finally got fedup filed the claim and bam instantly I get the check via fedex with a letter from a legal assistant at Inphonic saying they were sorry and they cc'd the same letter to the attorney generals office showing payment was sent to me.

But it is over and the checks did clear so very happy after all that grief to get these rebates before inphonic pulled some bankrupt scam or something and opened as some new company 3 months later so they didn't have to honor all those rebates.

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Well after dozens of emails and attempted phone calls I finally got the check from Inphonic covering both phones $340 total.

This has been 1 and a half years of messing around with these guys and dealing with supposedly sent checks that never arrived then 10+ more weeks to reprocess etc etc, but after filing with attorney generals office suddenly the checks appeared via fedex.