Complaint Review: Inphonic

• Submitted: Thu, March 09, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 16, 2006

• Reported By:Lakewood Colorado
Inphonic
39-40 30th Street Long Island City, New York U.S.A.

INPHONIC $500 RIPOFF BY DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING, LIEING AND CHEATING RUN AMOCK Long Island City New York

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Office of the President

This company (Inphonic) advertised to sell Motorola V330 cell phones and promised $100 per phone rebate. I purchased five phones and chose a plan with T-Mobile. I submitted the rebate forms in November 2005. They informed me that they could not approve the rebates because my bills to the cell phone service provider (T-Mobile) were not paid in full.

On 1/30/2006, I called them and talked with Lori. I told her the bills have been all paid. She asked me to go to a website (www.rebatestatus.com)and send my explanation. That is the only way Inphonic would entertain any inquiry, I was told. I sent an e-mail with explanations. I told them the outstanding payment was because I had assumed that T-Mobile would automatically get the payment through my credit card. I found out that I had to re-register for the automatic payment through my credit card. I did it. All my bills are paid.

On 2/21/2006, I called Inphonic again and talked with Rebecca. She told me that a $100 check for one of my rebates was in the process of being mailed. For the remaining four rebates, she asked that I fax them my October T-Mobile bill which I did.

On 3/3/2006, I called Inphonic again and talked with Jennifer. She surprised me by telling that Rebecca gave me the wrong information and that I was not entitled to any rebate. She further told me that nobody in the company would be able to help me. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she connected me to a phone. Nobody answered this phone. But I could leave a message requesting a call back. Nobody has returned my call.
It seems like Inphonic does everything to stall or not pay rebates by giving run arounds to its customers. I feel cheated, lied to and humiliated.

Murari
Lakewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2006 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic/Long-Island-City-New-York-11101/INPHONIC-500-RIPOFF-BY-DECEPTIVE-ADVERTISING-LIEING-AND-CHEATING-RUN-AMOCK-Long-Island-C-180220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic

Response from Office of the President

AUTHOR: Doreen - (U.S.A.)

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inferior customer service you feel you received when you called, Murari.

Unfortunately, the fact that you had a balance on your account, even if there's a perfectly legitimate reason and even if the balance is paid the following month, causes the carrier to take back the money they paid InPhonic (which is money that we'd need to pay your rebate).

Our rebate vendor is not authorized to reverse a rebate denial based on circumstances like these, because the carrier will not change its mind and we lose money on these sales.

But I'm disappointed that you did not receive the superior service we aim to provide. Please send an email to me directly [ddennis(at)inphonic.com], including your order number, and I will look into this situation to see what I can do on our end.

ddennis(at)inphonic.com

Response from Office of the President

AUTHOR: Doreen - (U.S.A.)

ddennis(at)inphonic.com

Response from Office of the President

AUTHOR: Doreen - (U.S.A.)

ddennis(at)inphonic.com

Response from Office of the President

AUTHOR: Doreen - (U.S.A.)