Complaint Review: Inphonic.com - Liberty Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2003

• Reported By:San Francisco California
Inphonic.com - Liberty Wireless
www.libertywireless.com Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Inphonic.com, Liberty Wireless deceptive cellphone and wireless supplier Largo Maryland

I purchased a Sony Ericsson T610 with a T-Mobile plan through Inphonic's store on Yahoo! Shopping. The deal looked relatively good as I'd done a lot of comparing. I actually phoned in my order because I feel it's more secure. Anyways, the pleasant lady I spoke to put the order in place and I tagged on 2 day delivery for $15 more. Then I just sat back and waited....and waited.

They had a very basic order tracking website, www.whereismyorder.com, and I saw that 3 days later my order was still in processing. Confused, I rang the number I had called when placing my order (and which didn't seem to be Inphonic and longer) and they said they don't do 2 day delivery. Which was weird as I thought I'd paid for it. I wasn't too fussed as they said they hadn't charged me and now the phone would be delivered by UPS Ground a week later.

So it came - a cellphone that is - though not the Sony Ericsson and not on T-Mobile! Instead I got a crap LG phone on a random Liberty Wireless plan!! Unbelievable! They'd charged me for both the phone and activation of the plan. I rang in, naturally irate, and was told that in small print on my application (which, by the way, I never saw!) it states that if not approved for the phone/plan applied for, Inphonic would automatically assign me new ones. I told them that was strange, as I'd already been approved by T-Mobile. Basically, they lied and misled me in order to get me on Liberty. They also said they've never sold the Sony Ericsson phone. So it seems they're guilty of false advertising too.

I have since had to incur the hassle and cost of returning the phone and am still waiting, 3 weeks since, for my account to be credited. BE WARY!

San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2003 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphoniccom-Liberty-Wireless/Largo-Maryland/Inphoniccom-Liberty-Wireless-deceptive-cellphone-and-wireless-supplier-Largo-Maryland-66541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic.com - Liberty Wireless