Complaint Review: Inphonics - Libertywireless

• Updated: Thu, December 02, 2004

• Reported By:Twin Lakes Wisconsin
Inphonics - Libertywireless
wirefly.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Inphonics - Liberty wireless ripoff Be careful, they'll use your credit card to rip you off Online Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: LIBERTY WIRELESS ALSO TRIED TO RIP ME OFF

I searched on line for good deals for a Nextel. Inphonics came up and had offers for free phones. After submitting all my information, the bottom line said to submit. When you submit, you are authorizing them, without knowing it, to find a different carrier if you are denied through Nextel. I was denied through Nextel and sent to Libertywireless. Inphonics also transfers you credit card info. The next e-mail I recieve is that my phone is on it's way at 9.99 a month for 40 minutes of air time in areas not even around me. I call Inphonics to cancel the phone, they tell me that Libertywireless had already debited my account in the amount of $137.14. I did not authorize Libertywireless to debit my account. I never asked for a carrier, I didn't even pick out the phone they sent me, they did!!! I wanted a Nextel for direct connect, they substitute is for a phone I have never even heard of, send it to me, and charge my bank account, all without authorization. Now I'm in a battle trying to get my refund. Good luck getting them on the phone!! Plan on staying on hold for a long time, only for them to tell you there is nothing they can do, the funds have already been withdrawn. This is a total scam with Libertywireless and Inphonics, I should have known, nothing is free. Don't even attempt to use these companies, you will get ripped-off. I am in the process now of hiring an attorney. They cannot keep doing this to people.

Paula
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2004 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonics-Libertywireless/nationwide/Inphonics-Liberty-wireless-ripoff-Be-careful-theyll-use-your-credit-card-to-rip-you-of-116791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonics - Libertywireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

LIBERTY WIRELESS ALSO TRIED TO RIP ME OFF

AUTHOR: CHERIE - (U.S.A.)

THE TOOK A 119.00 OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZED EVEN THOUGH I TOLD THEM I WILL SEND A MONEY ORDER TO THEM. THEY SENT ME THE PHONE THROUGH UPS AND I TOLD UPS TO SEND IT BACK TO THEM. I CALLED THEM AND INFORMED THEM THAT I SENT THE PHONE, AND THEY THEN SENT ME A BILL FOR 179.00. I THEN RECEIVED A LETTER FROM CRETEGY CHECK SERVICES SAY THAT I OWN 35.00 ON A BAD CHECK PLUS THE 119.00 THAT THEY TOOK FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. I CALLED THEM IMMEDIATELY AND TOLD THEM IF THEY DO NOT PUT THAT MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT I WILL REPORT THEM FOR WIRE FRAUD AND WIRE FRAUD IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. IN TWO DAYS I RECEIVED MY MONEY BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. I HOPE THIS INFORMATION WILL HELP YOU