Complaint Review: Inphonics - Wirefly

• Reported By:San Carlos California
Inphonics - Wirefly
wirefly.com Internet U.S.A.

Inphonics - Wirefly Rebate Scam, Poor Service, "PHONY" all around Internet

Ordered three phones from Wirefly in Jan 07. Two that arrived had invalid phone numbers and could not be activated. One was still associated with another customer. Almost two weeks went by before the phone could be used. Spent hours talking with agents in India--long waits, difficult to understand, "will contact you later after investigating..." (no response of course). Finally, we had Verizon activate two new numbers for us.
Now came rebate problem. After reading how horrible their rebate programs were, I doublechecked with Wirefly agent who assured me, "as long as you submit them between June/July (after 120 days but no later than 180 days...), you'll be fine. I complained how difficult they made it for customers to be shown their "appreciation"--he said, "believe me, as long as you follow the instructions, mark you calendars, and submit them at specified time I guarantee you'll receive your rebates."
Well, that day has come and gone. I submitted everything that was asked, even put two rebates in two separate envelopes, included my bills, packaging slip, sales receipt, forms, you name it. I even sent it be registered mail so that it was postmarked on period specified. I receive a totally incomprehensible response, "sales receipt illegible; post marked early" and rejected. Phone number and email address for contact are set up to stall for more time...no customer service agents are ever available to answer calls or respond to us. Even if they did, my and other customers' experience is "we'll investigate and send you a letter of our findings".
I suggest that we file a class action lawsuit. First, write to the Attorney General's office in DC. I also suggest you contact your carrier or your credit card company and contest the rebate amount by explaining what Inphonics did to you. We should put these thugs out of business. I hate them!!

Chelsea
San Carlos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2007 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonics-Wirefly/internet/Inphonics-Wirefly-Rebate-Scam-Poor-Service-PHONY-all-around-Internet-260909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonics - Wirefly