Complaint Review: InsideFortLauderdale

• Submitted: Mon, December 26, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, December 26, 2011

• Reported By: FTL Restaurateur — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
InsideFortLauderdale

InsideFortLauderdale Dennis Baasch A so-called local food critic who only makes disparaging remarks Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: See What I mean?

*Consumer Comment: ?

www.InsideFortLauderdale.com is a website full of extrememly negative reviews about local restaurants and services.

www.insidefortlaudredale.com is written anonymously and has been for years.  Recently, New Times Broward uncovered the man behind the website as Dennis Baasch. New Times Broward

Mr. Baasch has no background in food service and therefore has no experience in critiquing food or policies.  His often disparaging "reviews" are hateful and sometimes personal.  He has no respect for local business owners and how hard they work.  People read this website and take it as truthful statements.  This could put some people out of business.  Just because he didn't like the look of his table, doesn't also make the food inedible.  If you want to be a real food critic, go to culinary school and publish under your real name.

If Mr. Baasch thinks that everyone in this city has bad food, bad service, bad location, blah blah blah... then maybe he should open up his own restaurant.  I would LOVE to go there!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2011 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InsideFortLauderdale/internet/InsideFortLauderdale-Dennis-Baasch-A-so-called-local-food-critic-who-only-makes-disparagin-814013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InsideFortLauderdale

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

See What I mean?

AUTHOR: InsideFTL - ()

Imagine a restaurant that would rather file a "ripoff report" anonymously than simply correct whatever it is wrong with their restaurant and let us know? The problem with restaurants in South Florida is that they are so busy writing themselves glowing reviews on OpenTable and Yelp that they can't accept any criticism whatsoever. Although I suspect that a low-life with initials E.B. wrote this; jealousy is an ugly thing. My readers trust me, and nobody trusts him.

The average rating on InsideFortlauderdale is 2.8 stars. It's not a great culinary town, so I think that's about right. There are pictures of the meals and the restaurants, so readers are free to decide if things look good or not. I also explain why I don't like something so you can decide if Im being unreasonable.

It's unfortunate that restaurant owners can't be objective about their businesses; if they use criticism to improve their product, everyone would be better off; customers would be happier and "reviews" would be better.

I'm always amused by restaurant owners who think that you have to run a restaurant to review them; I don't run an automobile company but am I allowed to have a valid opinion about a car after I test drive it? I know how to drive. I've been to over 1000 restaurants; I know how to be a customer. I know when I had a bad experience. And I know if one restaurant is a better experience than another, because I've been to them all.

Sorry if I said your sauce was too bland or your prices were unfair. You can fix it or you can whine like a baby. Sadly, most restaurant owners in Fort Lauderdale are whiners.

The reason that shill blogs don't get any traffic is because everyone knows that the reviews aren't honest. If you've been to a restaurant and you read a review, you know if it's truthful or not. The fact that the site is very popular and getting more and more traffic is an indication that readers know they can trust the reviews.

?

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

What's the name of your restaurant so we can read what he has to say about it?  Personally, I would prefer a recommendation from your average consumer than some Gordon Ramsay type.

printed