liquid

• Reported By: lgcentre — Scottsburg Indiana United States of America
Insight Communications
Louisville, KY New York City, New York United States of America

Insight Communications Abuse of Monthly Fees! New York City, New York

Insight Communications keeps charging extra monthly fees to my account EVERY month. In July, 2010, I was told by a Supervisor that as long as I kept paying my bill by the 9th of the month, even being 1 month behind, I would never have an interruption of my broadband service. The very next month, I started seeing an extra $10 fee (reactivation) added to my bill BECAUSE IC interrupted my service on the 7th/8th just to be able to charge such a fee. That, to me, is very irresponsible!

After numerous calls for over a year and a half, I finally got a number for the corporate offices in NYC. Two months passed by, and then I called back, and finally someone called Louisville, KY, and asked them to contact me. My monthly due date has also been changed to the 14th of the month during this ordeal. That call was made to me, but after they "reviewed" my account, they called back a few days later to inform "that ALL of the charges against my account were indeed valid",

but they also said, "you say there are about $150 in excessive charges, so let's split that down the middle and I can give you a $60 credit on your bill." I said there is something very wrong with that, and I said "I guess I am going to have to call New York again about this." Since that time, I have made at least 6 calls to NYC, and NO calls have been returned. The local CSR now says there is a note on my account that states "Customer refused the $60 credit". In the meantime, I keep getting added fees monthly!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Insight-Communications/New-York-City-New-York-/Insight-Communications-Abuse-of-Monthly-Fees-New-York-City-New-York-831261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Insight Communications