Complaint Review: Insight Visa

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: Smk3 — Kansas City Missouri
Insight Visa
, Select State/Province USA

Insight Visa refused me access to my own account for about a year. Cannot do my taxes on time Internet

*Consumer Comment: Very confused...

When I first signed up for the Visa debit card from Insight Visa the personnel there evidently and admitted that they entered the wrong last four digits of my social security number to my account for account verification, etc.

This problem kept me from being able to access my account online. Over a period of approx one year I faxed in at their request three forms of my identification on three separate occasions so they could verify my identity and change the last four of my social security number to the correct last four on my account so I can access my account.

The first two times I sent in the requested ID and contacted them later to see if the problem was resolved they said they did not receive the fax. Even though the fax machine it originated from produced a successful transaction report.

The third time about a month or so ago they finally 'received' the faxed ID and corrected the last four of my social on my account.

I tried to login a few weeks ago and keep in mind that I have not been able to login to my account since I started the account, only to not be able to login or change 'forgotten' password, etc no matter how many times I tried.

Called customer support and the person there said she would have to escalate the matter and that it would be resolved in 48 hours.

Called in today, about two weeks later to find that the problem had not been resolved, that I still cannot access my account online and the reason is that they decided to send out a new card with a new card number 'for my own protection' and that they 'routinely' send out new cards with a different card number without any notice or warning to the cardholder. Which means I will have to contact all my businesses that I have auto-debits with and provide them with the new card number.

This denial of access to my financial data that I also  use for my trucking business will also cause me to have to file my taxes late.

I think the IRS should audit this company. There is something VERY wrong there. I am planning to cancel my account and redirect my direct deposit to a more reputable, fiscally responsible company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Insight-Visa/Select-StateProvince/Insight-Visa-refused-me-access-to-my-own-account-for-about-a-year-Cannot-do-my-taxes-on-1132791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Insight Visa

Very confused...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

So almost a year ago when you signed up somehow your SSN got put in wrong...okay so far I am with you, but here is where you take a left turn into nowhere.

Just how did it get put in wrong?   Most of these cards are 100% on-line meaning you would have filled out the application On-LIne and you would have put in the SSN yourself.  There is no additional layer where someone takes that information and puts it in somewhere else.

- Yea and why didn't you do that a year ago?

IF they were giving you this much trouble, why would you not only just fax your information 3 times in that period with the last time being only a month ago, but continue to use the card?  There are dozens of other "pre-paid" cards and yes even "real" banks.  Where you could have started over.  Because if you are going to say that in that 1 year period you NEVER deposited any money only withdrew it then there is something else you are not saying.

Not only that but how the heck does you not getting access to your account on-line cause you to do your taxes late.  Again, a statement would be good, but the IRS likes receipts.  Which is something you should have gotten each and every time you bought something for your business.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC