Complaint Review: Insta PC Care

• Submitted: Sat, August 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2012

• Reported By: jg101 — Ontario Canada
Insta PC Care

Insta PC Care Unsolicited call from group claiming to be from Microsoft Windows, Internet

1. I was called today by a group claiming to be from Microsoft Windows and calling me by my full name. Only after I challenged this claim, did they say that they were a 'Microsoft Certified Partner' a claim they make on their home page.

2.  They claimed they 'had a log file from my pc' which they 'had been provided' and which indicated that I had 'multiple errors on my pc' and which they asked me to confirm by examining my Admin Events Log in my Event Viewer.

3.  They asked me to visit their home page and provide their 'technician' remote access to my laptop to repair the errors, which I REFUSED as this would clear be a breach and compromise my security.

4.  The responses of mine from the above, resulted in my call being passed to 4 different people ('technician'- '2nd level ('Sam')' - 'supervisor' - 'manager of team'). When I challenged this 'manager' of the ethical nature of their business having access to a log file from my laptop without my distinct permission, he became VERY angry and threatening and then hung up on me.

5.  I have opened an issue ticked with Microsoft Security and am awaiting their reply / follow-up.

6.  DO NOT EVER be convinced by ANYONE UNKNOWN and allow remote access to your pc. You will render yourself viable to all sorts of potential abuse.

7.  When I challenged them how they came to have my full name, they claimed they obtained this information from 'my wife' - which is a lie as my wife has not lived at home for the last almost 3 years.

8.  These people deserve to be investigated for their apparent deceptive practice of trying to extort information from vulnerable individuals.

9.  I would CAUTION ANYONE contacted by this group to be EXTREMELY CIRCUMSPECT with dealings from them and NOT provide them access to your pc - as I have seen reported elsewhere on this site - as recently as 6 hours ago today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Insta-PC-Care/internet/Insta-PC-Care-Unsolicited-call-from-group-claiming-to-be-from-Microsoft-Windows-Internet-922599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Insta PC Care