Complaint Review: Instant Check Mate

• Reported By: Esperanza - A Ripped Off Consumer — Phoenix Arizona
Instant Check Mate
4330 S. Valley View Blvd., Ste. 118 Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Instant Check Mate InstantCheckMate.com Ripped Off Consumer Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: You should have called them!

It is the end of the year (2013) and time to check my on-line profile.  So, I find "InstantCheckMate.com", a website that claims to accurately report public records information associated with a name.

So, I decide to check my record with the foreknowledge that I have not so much as a speeding ticket to my name, never been arrested, never citated, ever, 'cause I'm a karma-fearing former Catholic school girl (in recovery).  Much to my surprise, astonishment, and disappointment, this silly website managed to report that I had 56 arrest records associated with my name.  WTF?

So, I spend my hard-earned $ to buy the "full" report to discover what horrible crimes I committed.  This ridiculous website compiled the arrest records of complete and total strangers in the city of Phoenix and, because of my proximity to the city of Phoenix, where I reside, thought it  appropriate to associate my name with these flawed individuals.

I am considering legal action . . . Do not waste your hard-earned $ on this bait-and-switch scam website.  Thanks for reading.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Check-Mate/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Instant-Check-Mate-InstantCheckMatecom-Ripped-Off-Consumer-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1109564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Check Mate

You should have called them!

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

I was in the same boat, they charge every month even if you think your cancelled via website or email.

I called customer service (open 24/7) and Karen picked up right away. I told her I could bot find the old emails to prove i cancelled.

Karen gave me a couple months of refunds and cancelled the account. Easy peasy.

I know the website is misleading, but once you have a problem call customer service.

They are professional and will take care of the charges. Karen was polite and gave me a few months back on my card, and cancelled for me.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC