Complaint Review: Instant CheckMate

• Reported By: Goya60 — Portland Maine United States of America
Instant CheckMate

Instant CheckMate, CheckMate Billing Card Scam, Internet

10/14/12

Used "CheckMate" information services online for 5 days for $1.00 being charged to my account.  I just discovered this company charged my card, again, for $27.63, without my consent or authorization.  They did not notify me they would be doing this, nor did they seek my consent to do so.  I have filed a "Dispute" with my bank.  I called "CheckMate," and the background noise reminded me of the fraud ad run by "CapitolOne" showing their competition as a one-two person operation disguising themselves as several different people.  He claimed I had already agreed to this by not contacting them at the end of the 5 days to tell them I no longer wanted the service.  I told them I wanted to "end the service now!"  I asked for my money to be refunded and he refused.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-CheckMate/internet/Instant-CheckMate-CheckMate-Billing-Card-Scam-Internet-954974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant CheckMate