Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Susan — Escondido California United States of America
Instant Checkmate, Inc.
4330 S Valley View Blvd, Ste 118, Las Vegas Nevada Internet United States of America

Instant Checkmate, Inc. TOTAL INTERNET SCAM! Internet

*Consumer Comment: DITTO

I purchased an unlimited one month membership from Instant Checkmate for just under $23. After less than ten minutes of use, I realized the services they purport to provide are bogus. Using very narrow search techniques produced long, inaccurate lists from the entire nation that clearly fell outside of my search parameters. As a test, I conducted searches using information I knew to be entirely accurate, including known criminal records, and got search results of zero.

Within the same ten minutes of my purchase, I called Instant Checkmate to cancel my account. I spoke with Scott at Station #22. When I told him that I'd just purchased a membership minutes ago, was unhappy with the service they offered and asked for a refund--he guffawed. (Not much of a surprise to me after experiencing the poor quality of their site. I was surprised, however, that they picked up the phone!) After some hemming and hawing he finished researching my account and noted that because I'd actually searched on quite a few names in that ten-minute time period, he could only offer me a 50% refund. I asked him how many searches warranted "too many" for them to offer me a full rebate. Silence. Then he went on to say that wasn't really the point. He explained that it costs them money to operate their business and that I clearly accessed a lot of information that they couldn't just provide me for free. He went on to say that because they were only giving me a partial refund that I would be allowed access to the site for the full 30 days of my membership. I asked if the account would close after 30 days or if I'd have to call back to cancel. He assured me that the account would close.

We'll see. I've already contacted my bank to set up an alert.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 11:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate-Inc/internet/Instant-Checkmate-Inc-TOTAL-INTERNET-SCAM-Internet-999574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate, Inc.

DITTO

AUTHOR: scammerkiller - ()

this is a scammers dream!!  this miserable depsicable company runs ads all over the Internet saying free public information and after you fill out forms for 15 minutes they actually scan your computer looking for information on YOU so they can sell it or hack into your computer.  NEVER AT ANY TIME do they tell you that this is a FEE PAYservice until the very end while you watch the bells and whistles roll and blow with you thinking you are going to get this free public information. BE ADVISED, DO NOT WASTE A SECOND WITH THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO SHELL OUT MONEY FOR NOTHING!!!!!