Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Reported By: Twylite — Pennsylvania United States of America
Instant Checkmate
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Instant Checkmate Instant Checkmate gives false information Las Vegas Nevada

Instant Checkmate gives false information in criminal record checks!

My friend in HR was reviewing record checking services and we put my name into Instant Checkmate as part of a test. I have a very unusual and unique name - first is Gaelic, middle is Italian, and last is French. Few results ever show up for my name even in Google and Bing searches (3 pages for first name only, add my last name and your down to 5 entries.)

Searching Instant Checkmate produced my name and residence. The report listed me as 10 years older than I actually am and with one criminal record - excpet I have NO criminal record. My biggest "run in with the law" is a parking ticket!! My brother is a lawyer so he investigated throught the court system in the jurisdiction where my supposed offense occured... and there is no offense and therefore no record. He is pursuing this erroneous falsehood with Instant Checkmate and will seek legal action if not corrected immediately.

I've seen many complaints reported through Ripoff Report regarding no records reported for known crminals but user beware. Instant Checkmate also falsely reports criminal records for those of us who have none which could seriously affect people's abilities to get hired, rent or buy homes, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Instant-Checkmate-Instant-Checkmate-gives-false-information-Las-Vegas-Nevada-974888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate