• Report: #1062032

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Orcafinn — Columbus Ohio
Instant Checkmate
4330 South Valley View Blvd, Suite 112 Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Instant Checkmate AKA CHKMATE*INSTANTCHECKMA 866-4905980 NV Deceptive Billing and Subscription Agreement Las Vegas Nevada

Did a one-time background check on a man my niece was dating (at her request!).  At no time did I realize I was signing up for a subscription service, I was pretty clear I was signing up for a one time background check for one person.  This was in November 2012.  Back in April, I was doing a home budget and I downloaded my credit card records.  A very cyrptic line was appearing each month - CHKMATE*INSTANTCHECKMA   866-4905980  NV -   After studying this for a while, I decided to call to call what appeared to be a phone number in that line.  Never got an answer (only a busy signal) until today!  And I found out I had Subscribed to a background check service!   I talked to the customer service person for some time, and I got the impression that this happens a lot.  She was very nice, I was not happy, but she did say she could refund 2 months of the service. [continued below]....

.....  But I feel ripped off.  I essentially paid 180.00 for one background check.  And you would think this company, having my email address, would send me a monthly statement via email.  But no, just that one very cryptic charge on my credit card.  And it was hard to get ahold of them!  You cannot cancel online, you have to call.  This company is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Instant-Checkmate-AKA-CHKMATEINSTANTCHECKMA-866-4905980-NV-Deceptive-Billing-and-Subs-1062032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate