Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Pam — Brookwood Alabama
Instant Checkmate
, Select State/Province USA

Instant Checkmate Misleading advertising, inaccurate,"limited" information provided, additional charges for premium rpt without any more information, refused to credit account all charges same day, told them scam!!! Nevada

Was searching for public records on an individual, was led to InstantCheckmate in process, agreed to the 22.86 (unlimited one-month of searche). Report was worthless, just address (which is inaccurate), and said further i.e. criminal records, available with Premium Report, which was an additional 19.99, nothing is listed! Then asked for report for relative listed for on report, was offered Premium, didn't select).  What upset me even more was I asked for info on my biological father I've never met, only P. O. Box addresses (like I'd found years ago in expensive people searches, addresses were invalid), I did pay for Premium for him (and paid another 19.99)$ nothing was on it! Called the 1-866-490-5980 customer service and talked with Tanaya, told her is scan, was tricked into going further, and without realizing paid a lot of my hard earned money for nothing, requested CANCEL my use of service and credit charges to me $62.84.

She agreed to cancel service one month from today, use until 5/15/14, refused to credit the 22.86 month charge. I addressed the fact that information was inaccurate and limited, not as promised on Premium Rpt (19.99 x 2), she saw where more should have come up (highlighted, i.e. criminal records) did not print on report, because I didn't enter city, state occcurred in... that's what I expected them to provide to me! Put me on hold, came back on line explaining the disclosures at bottom page during use of service, she offered to credit ONE 19.99 since criminal record didn't show on 1st search.  I told her thank you and demanded credit for the other premium 19.99 charge and the one month use 22.86, due to inaccuracies and worthlessness of info.  Told her she could cancel my account today, will not use...she put me on hold again and came back, per supervisor she will meet me half way on the total charged today ($62.82 - 31.42 = 31.42 I will still owe)! She said use service for month, really meant to look up people you DON'T KNOW, since I knew for a fact the addresses were incorrect.  I explained still not happy and will be reporting issue as SCAM!!! She agreed to send e-mail to confirm credit, I've not received yet and it's been about an hour now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/Select-StateProvince/Instant-Checkmate-Misleading-advertising-inaccuratelimited-information-provided-addi-1139036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate