Mississippi

Instant Checkmate
internet, Select State/Province USA

Instant Checkmate Subscription Fraud internet

*Author of original report: Refund Initiated

On 11/23/2013 I was looking for a friend and used Instant Checkmate. I signed up for a one month membership that was listed on the far right of the screen. I didn't see on the far left and below the margin the disclaimer that I was signing up for a subscription.

I telephoned immediately and was told that they could not find me in the "billing system." I informed them that they already appeared on my online banking and not to play me for a fool. Their "banking system" did not send me two emails welcoming me. They knew exactly who I was.

Their web site provides no means of cancelling a subscription and one is forced to deal with crooks. Just as important the information they provide using timers that make it appear that a detailed search is taking place can be found in Google. They use multiple screens that make you just want to provide your credit card and get it over. They plan on you not seeing the subscription disclaimer. If you try to print the pages for proof you will not be able to. Ah but you can. Do a screen capture to an art program. I was taken for a fool and you're next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2013 04:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet-Select-StateProvince/Instant-Checkmate-Subscription-Fraud-internet-1101635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate

Refund Initiated

AUTHOR: GregAuber - ()

After informing Inststant Check,ate that choosing a lawyer to screw with, one that has already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's Office, I received a lot of excuses. But I received a 100% refund and a release in writing stating the above.