Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Reported By: Michael — Gulfport Mississippi
Instant Checkmate
Internet USA

Instant Checkmate Deceptive, Lying, Fraudulent, Inaccurate Information Internet

I initially signed up for the five (5) day trial period on July 11, 2013. My debit card was credited for the initial $1 trial period fee. Upon searching family, friends, and former employees, I found that the information provided by InstantCheckmate.com was very inaccurate. Birthdays, addresses, relatives - even arrest records, were partially or completely incorrect in one or more fields. Much information about myself and my family which I know to be a matter of public record was missing or inaccurately reported. This is a fly-by-night scamming outfit that is misusing the public trust and provides misleading or inaccurate information.

Upon learning of the blatant disregard for reporting factual information, I called to cancel my trial membership, but it was the weekend and their offices were not open. I called on Tuesday, 7-16-13, exactly five days after beginning my trial period to cancel the membership. I was told that I had to cancel by the 15th, and so they had billed my debit card for the full month. I tried to explain that I was within the 5 day trial period, but they refused to listen or to cancel the membership and return the money to my account.

I went to my bank to place a stop payment order on the charge. They investigated the matter and told me that there was nothing that they could do because the company told them that the membership had to be cancelled "before five days of initiation." Never was there any mention of "before" five days of initiation. The advertisement stated clearly that I had 5 days to cancel. They lied and fed misinformation to my bank in their sleazy effort to avoid returning my money.

Not only does this website offer disinformation that can be harmful and/or detrimental to an infividuals well-being, but in many instances the information enters a grey area bordering on libel and slander with no recourse to the individuals they are reporting on or about. They should be shut down - or at least closely monitored by an agency that deals with internet fraud and misrepresentation. Perhaps 48 Hours, Dateline or another credible news reporting agency should be informed and asked to investigate this company. I think that widespread dissemination of this company's misinformation and inproper dealings with its clientel will be more than enough to seriously hurt their bottom line and, hopefully, put them out of business altogether. You have to wonder how many jobs, loans, purchases, etc. that people were turned down for based solely on a erroneous report from InstantCheckmate.com. Unfortunately, most people will never know unless they are exposed on national television by one of the network programs such as Dateline NBC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet/Instant-Checkmate-Deceptive-Lying-Fraudulent-Inaccurate-Information-Internet-1069385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate