Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Submitted: Wed, March 20, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 20, 2013

• Reported By: Al — Bluffton Indiana
Instant Checkmate

Instant Checkmate Do NOT waste your time or money. Info is VERY inaccurate and/or outdated. They will not give refund since their fine print says data may not be 100% accurate. Internet

While trying to help a troubled, new-found friend who had a known history of jail time and unpaid bills, I decided to do a background check. Based on Instant Checkmate's advertising, this internet site seemed to be a perfect source. Fortunately, I only paid $1 for a five-day intro. What a waste of time and money. With the exception of names of her mother, father, and sister, everything else was either inaccurate and/or very outdated. Included was information of 7 marriages. Totally false. I know she that although she has had 3 children, she has never married. Also reported was that she had a pilot's license. The truth is she doesn't even drive a car, let alone piloting a plane! The report showed no criminal history. I know she has had several arrests and spent at least 2 years in an Indiana prison. So even though I had only paid $1, based totally on principle I decided to make them accountable by canceling my account and requesting a refund of the $1. While I was able to cancel, they refused to refund my $1 based on the fact that their web site indicates reports might not be 100% accurate. Their agent questioned why I was so concerned about $1. I explained it was because of principle, and also encouraged him to go online to see comments from others as to the integrity of the company he was working for. I calmly told him that if he was my son, I would encourage him to look for work with a more reputable company. All that to say, do NOT waste your time or money with Instant Checkmate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet/Instant-Checkmate-Do-NOT-waste-your-time-or-money-Info-is-VERY-inaccurate-andor-outdate-1036336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate