Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: ShiekJ — Fresno California
Instant Checkmate
Internet USA

Instant Checkmate Fraud, False Information, incomplete and missing data Internet

First off, I never trust Background Check sites very much. Let's face it, anyone can manipulate their footprint out there if they know how. However, after being turned down for a job which I was all but promised at the end of the interview, I wanted to make sure that certain things were no longer on my record... (to explain, my brother had stolen my identity, had a fake ID with my information and pretended to be me, when he was arrested. I wanted to make sure that that had finally been expunged from my record after I had done a "Factual Find of Innocence" years ago. Not to mention make sure he hadn't done something like that again and gotten away with it and me not finding out.)

When I found out how much it would be to get just my information from InstantCheckmate.com, I started to exit, but was offered a $1 5day unlimited trial. So, I accepted. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up ME and none of my information was correct. Sure they had my name and birth date, and some past addresses, but that was all of their correct data. They even stated that I was still living in a location that I haven't lived in for 6 years, didn't list all of my family, etc. I then pulled up other people I knew to see just how bad this site really was.

The report on a close friend of mine had the most atrociously incorrect information. First, they could not find her under a search for her. I had to search for her husband, and he showed up. It said there were no marriage records found, but DID show him as related to her, so I clicked her name. Now, not only did they have her birth date wrong by two years, but they said she had been married 30+ times, most of those times to women, and most of those times BEFORE SHE WAS BORN.

This site is ridiculous and not worth your time or money. You will actually gather more correct information with a Google, Facebook, and Myspace search (yes, I know, who still uses myspace, but that's the point, people forget what they had up on their myspace before they stopped using it). Criminal records are, by law, public record. Granted, they like to make it difficult for you to get them, but it is illegal for them to deny them to you. Usually you have to petition the local court house for them, but often you can find the information online.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet/Instant-Checkmate-Fraud-False-Information-incomplete-and-missing-data-Internet-1064769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate