Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

Internet USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Instant Checkmate Investigation unauthorized recurring charges and how to press criminal fraud charges against Instant checkmate Internet

I am disabled after a brain injury that has severely affected my event-memory, amoung other things. I am in the process of setting up a payment service to pay my bills for me, since my disability has taken away my ability to manage such things. In preparation for a meeting to set this up, I was checking all of my recent transactions, and discovered a series of unauthorized monthly charges from Instant Checkmate. I had no idea who or what they were, but I checked my records of screen shots that I routinely take as I browse the internet (because of my memory issues) and I found a brief visit to their website in response to an ad. I had no record of having purchased anything from them, but it was clear to me that the charges to my account were fraudulent.

I visited their website yesterday, taking care to take multiple snapshots of every screen. I purchased a report on myself, which for a one-time-only report was $22.86, the same amount of the recurring charges that had been hitting my account. I paid an additional $199 to get the report in PDF format, so I would be sure to have captured the information I was paying to receive.

Throughout the process, multiple warnings were posted about the "graphic nature" of the material I was about to receive. NONE of the screens I captured mentioned any recurring charges that I would be approving.

When I received the report, they reported my birthday, my one of my previous addresses, and one false previous address. The report had no other information about me, but did list information about other people with different names that have nothing to do with me.

The company had no record that I had ever previously contacted them (I have the screen shot in which they make it clear they considered my contact to be a first visit).

Today, as I continued my investigation, I discovered the company had set up a recurring charge of $22.86 per month, again, without authorization. I was able to cancel the new recurring charge, but since the company has no record that I have ever visited them prior to yesterday, how can I dispute their continuing monthly charges?

1) They do not provide real information
2) They do provide FALSE information
3) They don't keep records to identify "subscribers," and consequently set up additional recurring charges for every customer that falls into their fraudulent trap
4) They do not notify customers of their intention to continue charging money past the one authorized transaction.

It is my civic duty to press criminal charges against this company, and stop their continuing fraud.

How do I start?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2014 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet/Instant-Checkmate-Investigation-unauthorized-recurring-charges-and-how-to-press-criminal-1137254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate