Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Bonnie — Kerrville, Texas
Instant Checkmate
http://www.instantcheckmate.com/dashboard Internet United States of America

Instant Checkmate WHAT A SCAM!!! Did a background check on someone I know has a criminal history (available for free from local courthouse records) and they didn't know anything - not even date of birth or divorce. R Internet

I received an E-mail recommending Instant Checkmate service from WND.  I decided to give it a try.  I signed up and ordered a background check on someone I knew had a criminal record (free from local courthouse records), married twice and divorced, etc.  Their report didn't show anything.  They didn't even have a date of birth.  All they had was some names they were "possibly" related to.  This did me no good.  I called to cancel and they did take my information and agree to credit my credit card the $59 I paid for a 6-month subscription.  How do they get away with charging for nothing???  What a Ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet/Instant-Checkmate-WHAT-A-SCAM-Did-a-background-check-on-someone-I-know-has-a-criminal-1043320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate