• Report: #1071945

• Updated: Wed, July 31, 2013

• Reported By: D. Peeples — Greenville South Carolina
Instant Checkmate
Internet USA

Instant Checkmate instantcheckmate.com No Criminal History on Known Felons Internet

Instant Check Mate is a Rip Off!

I run my own business, and my employees are sometimes subject to background investigations in order to perform work at government facilities.  I was excited when I found Instant Checkmate, because I thought that I could save my employee, myself, and my company embarassment by performing a criminal history records check prior to submitting those employees to a governement background check.  Unfortunately, I found that three people who did have criminal records came up with a clean criminal history at Instant Checkmate.  Before I initially made a purchase, the site entices you into believing that there is a deep dark secret contained in the criminal report, then when you download the report, it contains the same basic information that you were able to get prior to purchasing the report.  DO NOT purchase this if you are looking for criminal history.

When I called the 800 number, I was put on hold for an excessive period of time, then I was told that my account had been cancelled, and that no charges would be posted to my account, however, while I was still online with the "Customer Service" representative, I told him that I was still able to logoff and log back in to my account with no problem.  They did not refund my credit card, and the agreement I made when I logged in stated that my card would be billed again in six months.  I am disputing the charge now, but I will have to keep an eye out to make sure that I don't have another charge against the card in the future.  The customer service representative hung up on me.

I have never filed a rip off report in the past.  I created this account because I believe instant checkmate is one of the biggest scams I have encountered on the web.  I wish I would have searched this site before I ever created an account with Instant Checkmate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet/Instant-Checkmate-instantcheckmatecom-No-Criminal-History-on-Known-Felons-Internet-1071945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate