Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Submitted: Wed, April 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Tammy — South Burlington Vermont
Instant Checkmate

Instant Checkmate paid 1.00 for a trail period that automatically rolled into a monthly subscribtion, Internet

I signed up for a $1.00 trial that automatically started charging the monthy rate after the 5 day trail was over. I was very careful to only sign up for the trail period yet the important part about we will charge you unless you call was unclear to me. I was not expected my "EXPIRED" trial membership to become a monthly charge. This should have been MUCH clearer and written in more than one spot under legal terms of use.

I feel very deceived by this not being pointed out well. Expecting us to catch it while reading the terms of use is rediculous and tha sad part it I actually read that paragraph but didn't underdtand adn "expired" trail period turns into a monthy membership. I called the cxompany. They cancelled my membership immediately but will not refund the previous month or pay for the overdraft fees for money going out of my account unexpectedly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/internet/Instant-Checkmate-paid-100-for-a-trail-period-that-automatically-rolled-into-a-monthly-s-1043944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate