Complaint Review: Instant Effect

• Updated: Thu, January 19, 2012

• Reported By: lisa — farmington New Hampshire United States of America
Instant Effect
PO Box 9300 Jersey city, New Jersey United States of America

Instant Effect Hydroxatone I ordered the trial and at the end of it sent it back and it was canceled. on 1/02/12 the company took $79.95 out of my bank account without my permission. they refuss to give it back. Jersey city, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: HYDROXATONE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

*General Comment: hydroxatone

*General Comment: hydroxatone

*Consumer Comment: How to recover illicit acct deductions

*Author of original report: instant effect

I ordered Instant Effects after seeing it on t.v. to give it a try. After trying it I called and canceled my account with them. I sent back everything that was sent to me even the 2 free items. The customer service person I spoke to canceled my account. On Jan 2, 2012 Instant Effect took $79.95 out of my checking account without my permission. Now they are trying to say that I didn't send all of the items back to them and I did, I even sent back the free items that they told me that I could keep. The man I tried to talk to on the phone from customer service was rude and couldn't get his story straight on what he was telling me on what i sent back, and yes i told a fib and said that I was recording us,and he got ticked,because i didn't tell him until after he lied to me. This account was canceled over a month ago and it is against the law to take money out of an account after it has been canceled. They are refusing  to give me back my money.

Lisa
Farmington , NH

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2012 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Effect/Jersey-city-New-Jersey-07303/Instant-Effect-Hydroxatone-I-ordered-the-trial-and-at-the-end-of-it-sent-it-back-and-it-wa-816803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Effect

HYDROXATONE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

AUTHOR: angela edwards - (United States of America)

I have filed a class action lawsuit against Hydroxatone for scamming customers via the "risk free trial" - customers who ordered Hydroxatone and returned the product within 30 days, but were still charged for the product and/or placed on "auto-ship" and billed further without the customer's consent.

angelaedwards Thank you

#2 General Comment

hydroxatone

AUTHOR: annie - (United States of America)

I, too, have been ripped off by hydroxatone, trial offer on internet was 1.99, I e-mailed them stating I did not want any further shipments of their products but to my surprise, in 2 months time the company took out a total of 139.90. This last time they took out 69.95 which cleaned out my account so the bank charged an overdraft of 35.00. Am on social security disability so I have very little income. Now I have to apply for another debit card but have some links to it, now I have to go through the inconvenience of contacting those companys. How can that company get by with doing this and what can I do to get a refund.

#3 General Comment

hydroxatone

AUTHOR: annie - (United States of America)

How to recover illicit acct deductions

AUTHOR: Troller - (United States of America)

I was a victim of this same scam last year.  I went to my bank, immediately cancelled my debit card and then filed paperwork with the bank indicating that I had not agreed to any type of deduction by this company.  My bank filed a report, i filed a complaint with the better business bureau in Florida and I did receive a refund to my acct. Your bank should be familiar with the federal paperwork that makes them file a fraudulent report for you and gives them guidelines to comply to assist you.

instant effect

AUTHOR: lisa - (United States of America)

I received my order on Oct 20, 2011 and I canceled it on Nov 2, 2011 and on Jan 2, 2012 instant effect took $79.95 out of my account.

Lisa