• Report: #1161911

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2014

• Reported By: Lorri — Apopka Florida
Instant Sheckmate
4330 S Valley Blvd. Ste 118 Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Instant Sheckmate Scam, Want more money after you sign up, info provided inaccurate and basic such as address, phone etc. Las Vegas Nevada

I had been looking for a background checking company on line and today I went ahead and signed with Instant Checkmate.  They advertised all the info that I was seeking would be provided, 100% satisfaction guaranteed, and accreditated by the BBB.  Instead of doing my due dillegence and checking for a ripp-off report, I entered my CC number and joined.

An hour later, I had looked up two or three names and went through each section of info provided and it was nothing more that a basic internet search.  You had to guess which one was the right one by address or area or age.  It only provided names, possible relatives, possible facebook matches, possible phone numbers.  Nothing that you couldn't get in one google search.  But if you paid an additional $20 per person, they would provide possible criminal activity, possible bankrupticies, and possible nearby sexual predators.

Instant Checkmate is nothing more than a world of possibilities.  Nothing unknown is provided.  If you know the persons name and address, you will know all you could know from them, and no payment will be necessary.

I called and I did receive a refund.  I told them I was gonna put them on blast for false advertising.  They didn't want to refund my money but promised to cancel at the end of the six months.  I just said fix it now or I'm calling my credit card company and reporting the fraud.  Of course the man on the phone didn't have the authority to give a refund but if I would hold for just a few seconds he would try to get authorization.  When he came back to the phone, he proceeded to tell me that results were not guaranteed as it is stated on their website (NOT) but that they have agreed to refund my money and my account would be cancelled immediately and I would not be able to do any more searches. (BooHoo).  Now I'm just waiting to see if the credit comes through or if I have to report it as fraud to the CC company.

Yes I am kicking myself in the rear for not checking here first.  I wasted about two hours of my day with this mess and I could have done a quick check here to see if they were for real or not.  Well hopefully someone else will benefit from my loss and not be so quick to jump at the first offer of services online.  I hope this helps someone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2014 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Sheckmate/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Instant-Sheckmate-Scam-Want-more-money-after-you-sign-up-info-provided-inaccurate-and-b-1161911. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Sheckmate