Complaint Review: Instant Tax Service

• Reported By: Justice — Columbia Maryland United States of America
Instant Tax Service
1436 Paptasco Ave Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Instant Tax Service Tax Theft Baltimore, Maryland

I went in to inquire about getting my taxes done, I did not have all the information required, I could not get the W2's needed until later, plus I did not have a good feeling about the place so I decieded go to HR Block it was then that we was told that It cound not submit.  We believed it was due to a name change so I waited Until February 8th and contacted HRBlock and they found that their system did not receive and Tax Return for me.

I contacted the IRS and they informed me that my taxes was filed and submitted into some checking account.  I was advised to file an ID Theft Affidavit, get a police report, and call the AGO in Baltimore. I only inquired about getting my taxes done there I did not sign anything and I also requested all my paper work back.

I do not understand how this company can file my taxes after knowing I did not have all the proper documents and I did not sign anything?  I did not give them permission to file my taxes. I do not understand how the IRS can be one year behind in ID theft and this company was allowed to operate this year in 2012? I do not understand how these types of companies can take advantage of people and not enough is being done to help. I need an lawyer to help me sue this company, I am facing a serious financial hardship and facing eviction. (((email redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Tax-Service/Baltimore-Maryland-21227/Instant-Tax-Service-Tax-Theft-Baltimore-Maryland-866940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Tax Service