Complaint Review: Instant Tax Service

• Reported By: Lynne — Cincinnati Ohio
Instant Tax Service
8373 Colerain Ave Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Instant Tax Service Instant Tax service is a Rip off!!! Cincinnati, Ohio

I went to the local Instant Tax Service on Colerain Avenue. I initially went to receive the RAL loan. They approved me for $400 which they gave me 200 when the same day I filed and then another 200 when the IRS accepted my return. that was about 3 days after I initially went in.  So that was fine I guess. The girl told me how much I was getting which was 3,050 but would not tell me how much the fees were..I was not given any paper work or anything. So, about two weeks later I received a phone call saying my check was ready...I go in and they hand me a check for 1,934.05! now, I expected they would take out for the  400 which should have still left me with 2,650! however, they ended up  charging me $715.95 in preparation fees! That was enough to upset me, however I still felt uneasy about the whole situation and so I went back to the tax office and got a copy of my taxes and took them over to H & R Block in which I talked to a very nice and very professional lady and she did a second look at my taxes.... She found that I should have received $5,369.00 back for my refund! They had given me 2,436 less than I should have received as my refund plus charged me ridiculous and outrages fees!  My attempts to contact them have been absolutely futile! I have learned a great lesson and will NEVER return to any of their offices again...PLEASE stay away from these people....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Tax-Service/Cincinnati-Ohio-45239/Instant-Tax-Service-Instant-Tax-service-is-a-Rip-off-Cincinnati-Ohio-1036007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Tax Service