Complaint Review: Instant Tax Service

• Updated: Sat, December 12, 2009

• Reported By: Sierra — Gulfport Mississippi United States of America
Instant Tax Service
1015 PASS ROAD GULFPORT, Mississippi United States of America

Instant Tax Service Did not use my W2's only my check stub and would not tell me the price they charge until everything was printed and signed. They charged me over $600 to file. GULFPORT, Mississippi

I went to Instant Tax Service here in Gulfprt MS where I live to try and get the instant loan I was hearing about all over the radio. I wanted to catch up on some bills. The person was nice,but didn't give much information about the company's charges.

I also was unaware that you had to file with them whether you were approved or denied for the loan. I just know that I signed all of the paperwork for the loan and taxes, then they said I was denied. I was told the loan amount was for $2144 on my federal. I already knew I owed the IRS some money and that would be taken out. When I actually got my check it was for a little over $600. They charged me a ridiculous price of $630 to prepare the taxes, $17 to the transmitter, $30.95 handling fee and $53.60 for a finance charge from the bank.

That is just a rip off from what I was used to paying for a RAL advance. Do they have the right to charge that much. I called the IRS and they said it actually was filed. I thought it was too good to be true.

They also asked me to bring my W2's back to them, but I never did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Tax-Service/GULFPORT-Mississippi-39501/Instant-Tax-Service-Did-not-use-my-W2s-only-my-check-stub-and-would-not-tell-me-the-pric-538245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Tax Service