Complaint Review: Instant Tax Services

Instant Tax Services
1211 Cicero Ave Cicero, Illinois United States of America

Instant Tax Services ripoff, scam Cicero, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Dishonest

*Author of original report: no

*Consumer Comment: Interesting.

*Author of original report: UPDATE

I needed some extra cash, went into  the office on Cicero Ave in Cicero Illinois, was approved for a lousy $50.00. Had a very hard time trying to cash the check. No one would cash it for me, they all said the check was no good. The check was written on PNC bank so I went to a PNC brance and cashed it there. They charged me $10.00 to cash the check! So now I am down to getting only $40.00 from this rip off place. They have been hounding me with phone calls asking when I am coming in to file my taxes. After reading all the complaints, which I wish I would have read before I started dealing with this so called company, I don't want them to do my actual taxes. Would I be able to file my taxes on my own with turbo tax even if I got the $50.00 check from them?  I would rather do that and just pay them the $50.00 back rather than pay the ridiculous fees that I have been seeing that they charge. I never saw any paper work showing me any fees, but I assume it will be about $400.00 based on what I've been reading. I work hard for my money and am a single parent and need every penny I can get without wasting it on a scam like this. Any advice on if I should just go ahead and file with Turbo Tax? I will have my W-2 on Jan 31, 2012 and would like to file as soon as I get home from work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 10:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Tax-Services/Cicero-Illinois-60803/Instant-Tax-Services-ripoff-scam-Cicero-Illinois-831550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Tax Services

Dishonest

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

In spite of your pathetic rationalization, you are a dishonest person.  The worst part is that you apparently feel good about it.

Whether they ask for it or not, you owe them $50.00 and you know it. It was not their fault you did not cash the check at your bank. If you had, you would not have been charged $10.00 to cash it.  That has nothing to do with the company. Most banks charge to cash a check for non customers.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

AUTHOR: Denise - (USA)

Considering they charge anywhere from 400-900 to file taxes.... look at other complaints about this company... I really don't think they'll miss it. If they want their lousy 50 bicks back, I'll gladly give it to them, but they haven't asked.  Read other complaints about this scam business. 50 bucks is a drop in the bucket to them.  And the check probably bounced anyway. If you read my first complaint about the company, you will see that I had a very hard time even finding someone to cash the check. I am just glad that I did not take it to my bank, or I would be on the hook for the bounced check fees. And the bank that the check was written on, where I eventually ended up cashing the check, which by the way, was no easy task, charged me $10.00 to cash it, so technially, I only got 40 bucks from them. Read the other complaints about the company before you judge my actions.

Interesting.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

So, in essence, you actually ripped them off?   I see that you somehow extracted a $50 check from them and never went back.   That sounds way too easy.    Did you have to sign things in order to get that $50 check?

I have a sneaking suspicion that you have not heard the last of this company.

Good luck.

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Denise - (USA)

Just an update, I ended up filing my taxes myself using TurboTax. I got all my money that I worked hard for, and I got it in 2 weeks. I was getting calls from this place leaving messages in my voice mail as to when I am going to get my W-2's so  they can file my taxes. I never responded. (I love the ignore option on my phone). I haven't heard from them in over a month. I also haven't paid back the $50.00 "loan" I got from them prior to filing my taxes. Technically it was only $40.00 since I was charged $10.00 to cash the check.  I consider that my payment for them trying to scam me out of hundreds of my hard earned money.