• Report: #1020137

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Sheila — Kansas City Missouri United States of America
Instant Tax

Instant Tax BEWARE RIP OFF COMPANY, Internet

Shawnda Bell with Instant Tax in Kansas City, Missouri prepared my taxes.  I was informed by Ms. Bell that I would be charged $300.00 minus the $50.00 dollar coupon I had (in which the manager did not honor).  After my taxes was filed I was advised by the manager that he has given out so many coupons that he could not honor mine. I was advised by Ms. Bell that my refund amount would be $3768.00, however, when I went to pick up my refund check I was only given $2983.00.  I asked Ms. Bell where the rest of my refund was and was advised that the company was aware that they had taken out too much because the manager had forgotten to go in and adjust the fee.  Was advised by Ms. Bell that the manager would put a ticket in to refund the difference.  Also asked Ms. Bell where were the documents that I was suppose to sign regarding my refund, was advised by Ms. Bell that there were no documents to sign until after the IRS had approved the refund.  I contacted the manger and asked if he could give me a written receipt of the amount that was owed to me and he refused.  He stated again that he would put in a ticket and the companies bank would determine how much fee would be charged.  I also spoke with the general manager (Sha) who advised me that she would also put in a ticket but it was up the to owner who lived in California to decide how much of the fee I would receive.  Sha also advised me that Ms. Bell was suppose to issue me the paperwork upfront that states the fees that Instant Tax would receive for preparing my taxes (no paperwork given).  I also noticed that my taxes were prepared incorrectly and when I spoke with Ms. Bell regarding my taxes she stated that she would not recommend an amendment because it would take too long to receive my refund.

After waiting several weeks and receiving the run around was advised by the manager that he would not be issuing me any additional fees.  Be warned about this company they are up to no good and the corporate office is no help they will only blame it on the store and the store will blame it on corporate policy.  If there is anyone else out here that has been duped by this company in Kansas City, Missouri please contact me.  I can be reached at 816-674-5972.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Tax/internet/Instant-Tax-BEWARE-RIP-OFF-COMPANY-Internet-1020137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Tax