Complaint Review: InstantCheckMate.com

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Clair — Altoona Pennsylvania
Internet USA

InstantCheckMate.com "Money Takers" Internet

I wanted to search for a individual and find out where they may live and if they had a criminal record, and I logged onto "chkmate.com which allegedly provides background checks on individuals, etc. I did not agree with the monetary cost of the service so I tried to log out and was stopped by a pop-up window that made a "special offer" that for only $1 I can receive a 5 day (weeK) trial period which I accepted and entered into under good faith that this would be the only charge I would have is $1.....However, within a few days, there was also a charge reflected on the bank account for $29.81 that I did not authorize to be deducted from the account from "chkmate".  I called this money taking company and complained about the charge and I was told there was a statement on the $1 billing form that "if I do not cancel my service by the end of the trial period a monthly charge will be billed to my account......", blah, blah, blah, etc.  This so-called "cancelation requirment" in my opinion is a malipulative tool to take people's hard earned money!  This Company needs to be stopped and their business should be shut down!  They are clearly manipulating people out of their hard earned money with this business practice they are utilizing!  O' by the way, when I called and confronted this company about their deception, they agreed to refund half of my money!  The people that I should be checking for a criminal background check is the people running this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InstantCheckMatecom/internet/InstantCheckMatecom-Money-Takers-Internet-1141806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InstantCheckMate.com