Complaint Review: InstantCheckmate.com

• Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: djtjsays — Beaumont Texas
InstantCheckmate.com
, Select State/Province USA

InstantCheckmate.com Clever Scam From Googling to Getting Ripped Off!! Nationwide

What started as a google search ended as a nightmare.  I was searching a relatively new friends name just to find a social media profile and actually came across a criminal mugshot of a person matching this name.  Well it's not uncommon for people to have matching names, but I thought hey lets just clear this up now.

Well somehow I end up on Instant Checkmates lovely website that warns me of the Graphic photos I may see and just this great build up of records loading.  They really give you the whole kit and cabutal ya know.  I then land on this page that has my report on this person ready to be emailed to me.  The whole time I'm waiting for a bill, but so far I hadn't been asked for one.  So I enter my email and click ok.  Voila here we go, bill time.  So I'm like no biggie what's the cost?  $22 and some change,  sounded reasonable to me.

Well I sign up and give all my info and now I'm ready for this email to be sent.  Well,  I'm still waiting on that email.  Better yet most companies will send an email confirmation of the sign up.  I never got one.  What did happen was I was taken to another screen that offered to send a PDF file to me for an additional $1.99

Really?  No just show me this report already.  Well turns out there was no report.  Talk about Bait and Switch.  There was nothing to see.  Oh wait they did offer to match up our Astrology signs!   I'm just beginning though.

I immediately click on contact us because I'm already ready to cancel this.  I call the number provided and I speak with the rep.  She asks my name and attempts to find it.  Then my email.  Then the first 4 and last four digits of my card... Then she repeats my name wrong.  My name begins with a T  She kept using a D.  So I correct her.  She says it right but messes up my email with the wrong first name again.  Seriously it's my first name that you just said.  All the while she's blaming it on her headphones not working properly.  So I pause and continue with her.  Now she's pronouncing it another way altogether.

At that point I knew I had been had.  I just stopped her and said look what's your name.  Wrote it down.  I asked.. What type of scam are you guys running?  She froze.  I said you know what, ya got me.  Hahah, silly me... but you would want to cancel this and refund my money.  She kept on with the charade.  I ended the convo and immediately called my bank to cancel the card.  Reason being I still was unable to cancel the account which enables them to auto charge me every month!

They play like they can't hear well and try to frustrate you until you just hang up.

It's been a long time since I've been gotten, but I guess my trying to protect myself really backfired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InstantCheckmatecom/Select-StateProvince/InstantCheckmatecom-Clever-Scam-From-Googling-to-Getting-Ripped-Off-Nationwide-1087401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InstantCheckmate.com