Complaint Review: Instantcheckmate.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: billk — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Instantcheckmate.com

Instantcheckmate.com Decpetive advertising, deceptive billing practicies, Internet

This company has a clever billing scheme. You sign up for 1 month and they continue to bill you every month until you cancel.

They also do not provide a useful accurate report. I checked severral folks I know and was only given an accurate name and address. Everything else was blank. I checked myself, I have been married twice and divorced once. It is in the public records, the service failed to provide that information.

I called and complained. I was told their disclaimer covered the missing information. I demanded they cancel and refund my initial payment. I was told they would refund 50%. I informed them I would file a complaint with the BBB and the Dept of Consumer Protection. At that point they claimed I would receive a 100% refund. I have yet to receive it.. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!

If you sign up and want a refund threaten them with a BBB complaint ( they already have 286) and a complaint to the Dept of Consumer Protection..:)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instantcheckmatecom/internet/Instantcheckmatecom-Decpetive-advertising-deceptive-billing-practicies-Internet-1024359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instantcheckmate.com