• Report: #242095

178 Willis Street Wellington, Other New Zealand
  • Phone: 644-3858082
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

Instinct Entertainment WP E-commerce plugin ripoff no tech support New Zealand Wellington Other

*Consumer Comment: WP E-Commerce Doesn't Work

*Consumer Comment: above and beyond customer service for me

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This report is false

Instinct Entertainment offers a free Word Press blog E-commerce plugin that is very nice but minimally functional. They urge people to upgrade to their "gold" option, which is what I did. The Gold option is a software download for $15.00 US dollars.

It is implicit with shareware and freeware that you will get little or no help or assistance from the author of the software, after all, you are getting it for free. However, it is different when you pay for something and get nothing in return.

The software in question does not work. There is no evident support except a forum where almost no question ever gets answered. I contacted the software author and inquired if he might lend insight into the deployment of this Gold version of the software, I have never heard back from him.

For $15.00 I do not expect much but I would have the normal expectation that some assistance would be in order for a product that quite obviously does not work. The author is aware that there is a problem but seems not to want to address or is unable to do so.
Regardless:

I would urge persons to beware of this company. Very bad practice to take a person's money and just walk away. When you charge money for your work you should stand behind your product. If you buy the Gold WordPress E-commerce plugin from Instinct then you are completely on your own.

Dan
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2007 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instinct-Entertainment/Wellington-Other/Instinct-Entertainment-WP-E-commerce-plugin-ripoff-no-tech-support-New-Zealand-Wellington-242095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instinct Entertainment

WP E-Commerce Doesn't Work

AUTHOR: rosemckay - (United States of America)

I have a long list of all the things that aren't working on my paid copy of WP E-Commerce. The checkout link doesn't go to the checkout, the cart doesn't empty, the pagination doesn't work past the second page, I once had to post a solution in their forums to a glitch with the donation feature, when I upgraded to the latest version of the plug-in all of the photos associated with my products just disappeared and I'm having to spend hours trying to re-upload them and associate them with their product. Same thing happened to categories and variations. The settings just dropped crucial information like sales tax region, my shipping modules, and paypal info. I could go on and on.

The most certainly is something wrong with this plug-in and Instinct will not help you with it. I've been trying to get help for years.

above and beyond customer service for me

AUTHOR: Andy - (United Kingdom)

I don't agree with the complainer. I had excellent support for my free version when I couldn't get something to work. They even went to the trouble of visiting my site admin and checking the settings.

when paypal changed their api system for payments, instinct had an update out almost straight away.

its a good plugin and just about the only one that works as a full ecommerce site within wordpress

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This report is false

AUTHOR: Dan Milward - (New Zealand)

Hello. I run Instinct Entertainment - the company behind the WP e-Commerce plugin.

This report is simply not true - the plugin does work and we have literally thousands of users; here are two of my favorite sites to proove that it works;

The other issue that Dan raised was support.

We are a small company and we literally receive hundreds of emails each day. As a result it can be really hard sometimes to follow up and reply to everyone - some emails unfortunately get lost.

This has changed a lot in the past year. We have better processes in place including better Forums, more documentation, and more people dedicated to support. For instance Shayne Sanderson (from ((REDACTED)))) dedicates a lot of his time to the WP e-Commerce project.

We have never offered free support with our $15 license (that said we still help most people regardlessly - because it helps us make a better product) instead we offer a free support forum. And for people who purchase our business license they will always get an hour of our time regardless of how busy we are.

WP e-Commerce has come a long way in the last year. I would encourage you to try it out and if you want to chat I'm sure you can find me online.

Regards,