Complaint Review: Institute For Integrative Nutrition

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 15, 2010

• Reported By:brooklyn New York
Institute For Integrative Nutrition
3 East 28 St, Floor 12 New York, New York U.S.A.

Institute For Integrative Nutrition Royally screwed by Institute for Integrative Nutrition. New York New York

*Author of original report: Update:Institute of Integrative Nutrition.

I signed on for a 8 month course in Health Therapy at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in January 2009. From the very start there was a problem with reaching people from the school without getting some kind of auto-reply and no call, which was very frustrating considering there is no number to reach the proper persons other then an 800 number leading you through a voice automated disaster. After numerous problems reaching people to make payments or sort out issues or concerns I began to give up only then did I receive calls about late payments or problems with things that I had concerns or questions about. And these people are R-U-D-E. I found myself getting off of the phone with one of their "representatives" completely dumbfounded by their treatment of me and complete disregard for me not only as a student but as a human being. Hardly what I expected from a school that teaches compassion and healing. Several times class locations were changed with no advance notifications or warning and I found myself confused at the wrong location calling that voice automated mess and trying to get through to someone so that I wouldnt miss my class to no avail. After trying to explain those missed classes to someone who informed me I would probably not be graduating they allowed me to write a 500 word essay that I was more then happy to do although looking back on it now I wish I had told them where they could find that essay. I finished that essay but in 800-900 words and had it waiting in my email after only two days. In a week and a half I sent that email and received this response: "We are sorry to inform you that we will not be accepting your essay as it is late, the agreement was to have the essay done by May 31(one week before, 5 days after they had told me to do it) we are sorry but you will not be considered for graduation at this time. At this time I had paid close to 2,000 dollars in tuition, although the money to me was not as hard to swallow as the treatment I received from these persons.

Below is a list of first names of persons who contacted me either by phone or email during my time at Integrative Nutrition who were less then personable you know who you are!

John- In finance
Juliette-Student services
Cameron-Student services
Jessica-Although I could tell she was going along with what she was being told she still went along with it.

To anyone considering joining this school I will tell the same thing I told people who were considering taking the course, Reconsider!

Kitkat
brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Institute-For-Integrative-Nutrition/New-York-New-York-10016/Institute-For-Integrative-Nutrition-Royally-screwed-by-Institute-for-Integrative-Nutrition-466586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Institute For Integrative Nutrition

Update:Institute of Integrative Nutrition.

AUTHOR: Kitkat - (U.S.A.)

Recently the "Institute of Integrative Nutrition" contacted me by phone to make an apology about the way my situation was handled while involved with the school. The person who contacted me was very concerned and more than helpful and when I got off the phone I felt like a human being. This was a first and I hope it will continue at the school. Since then I have contacted the school and found that the once automated disaster has also improved and was able to reach an appropriate person with ease. They didnt know who I was or my situation with the school and yet they had a heart. Bravo.